Giriş

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Bait a Hook Ch. 17

admin
29 Temmuz 2022, 18:19
Chapter 17: Moment of Truth

One hundred points. That was the difference between Rob playing Division III football and Division I FCS level football. He needed to improve his SAT scores by 100 points. The winter chill was just starting to break and it was early March as Rob sat at the computer. I nervously watched as he entered his ID and password into the website. I stood behind him and started rubbing his tense shoulders while he pressed enter on the keyboard. His test came up the screen and the mouse hovered over the view scores link.

"Click it." I whispered in his ear squeezing his tensed shoulder muscles. Rob inhaled deeply before I heard the subtle click of the mouse. We both stared at the screen doing the quick mental math needed to see if he accomplished his goal.

"113 points!" Rob threw his hands up whooping in celebration.

"I knew you would!" I answered pulling Rob out of the chair and into an embrace. "Congratulations Robbie. I'm so proud of you." Rob squeezed me tight, picking me off the floor placing kisses all over my neck and face before he put me down.

"Now we just need to wait for your letter." Rob said looking into my eyes with a smile. I had heard back from two schools and had been accepted to them both. Virginia Tech and James Madison University had both accepted me and I felt relieved in knowing that I was at least going somewhere. The Blacksburg, VA campus was beautiful, and it was a great school. I ruled it out because it was just about as far away as I could get from home and still be in Virginia. On my one visit to the JMU I fell in love with Shenandoah Valley and the campus.

I hadn't heard back from the University of Virginia or The College of William