Giriş

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Knickers!

admin
23 Mart 2023, 21:12
This story was inspired, in part, by a little dilemma that one of the other Lit writers was - and perhaps still is - experiencing.

'I'm Florence,' she said when they first met. And she reached out and shook George's hand. Firmly.

'Florence? I thought Max said that you were Susan.'

'He did,' she said. 'I don't want everyone knowing that I'm Florence. I certainly don't want Max knowing that I'm Florence. But I get the feeling that you are someone who would appreciate something a little more Italianate. Am I right?'

George laughed. 'All right. Florence it is,' he said.

'Now ... how are we going to handle this?' Florence asked.

George and Florence (or whatever her name was) had been given a joint assignment to write a long-form magazine piece on compulsive hoarders. George certainly wasn't a hoarder himself, but, according to Max, the commissioning editor, Florence was. 'You should see her flat,' Max had said.

'Well, I suppose the first thing is to decide on is an approach,' George said. 'Are we in favour of hoarding? Or are more of the Marie Kondo school? Are we flying the flag for minimalism?'

Florence frowned slightly. 'I think I have a problem with the word hoarding,' she said. 'It sounds so negative. So judgemental. Hoarding. Nobody accuses the British Museum of hoarding, do they? Or The Victoria