Giriş

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Stowaway Surprise

admin
05 Nisan 2023, 02:53
When I'd left the dock I'd thought only of a moderate wind and the warm sun. I had one full week off from work with no obligations or appointments and in fact, no real plans at all other than spending as much time on the water as possible. Of course, most of my summer was spent on the water but it was always jammed between the regular hectic routine of life. This week would be different. No schedule. No compromise. No rules to hem in any fun and relaxation I might find.
The seeds for a week such as this had been planted in my mind in the waning drab days of March. It had been a trying year with rotating lockdowns and a workplace that seemed busier than ever. Dreaming of a solitary week on the water was sometimes the only thing that helped me to maintain a minimal level of sanity.
My intention had been to simply point north toward Lake Huron's expansive horizon and see where the wind would take me. Unfortunately, wind was in short supply at 10am on this day and so I made the decision to motor out as far as I needed to find wind. If none was to be found, I'd still have the pleasure of a nice motorboat ride with some great tunes and a jug of gin and tonics that I'd mixed up this morning with some fresh limes. It wasn't more than 5 minutes past the entrance to the lake and my t-shirt and shorts were discarded. One of the great things about sailing is the privacy it affords and with it, the opportunity to spend hours on end in the open weather without the need for any clothing whatsoever.

The wind built to a respectable 10 knots and finally I was able to set the sails. The boat settled in on a comfortable close reach and I engaged the auto-helm so that I might focus in on the warm sun and by now, my third G