Giriş

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Once In a Lifetime

admin
05 Nisan 2023, 13:43
Just a few more swipes of paint on this closet door and I'll be done painting this apartment. Then I'll clean up all the painting crap and get everything out of here, do some more cleaning and polishing, and this apartment is finally ready for rental. It had been just another apartment to prepare ...just another tenant moving in soon.
There have been so many these past fifteen years, that I've kind of lost track who has lived here before and when. Who cares anyway ...just as long as the checks keep coming into the main office every month ...that's all that matters - especially to the main office?
I've seen so many people come and go from this place, that most of their names and faces are just a blur to me now. And, I've attended a lot of funeral home calling hours to represent the main company, when one of the tenants passed away. I knew the rules well ...keep our fifty well paying tenants happy, keep the place looking nice, don't overspend to maintain the place, and of course ...keep as many of the rent checks flowing into the main office every month as humanly possible. (Translated: Keep as many apartments rented at any given moment as possible - preferably, full occupancy.)

This apartment had been worse to prepare than normal. The previous tenants didn't have a clue how to properly use their fireplace ...and of course, they wouldn't have thought to read the new tenant info letter when they moved in, or even bothered to ask me how to properly use it safely ...before attempting to light it? The ceilings and walls had been smoked up. Also, older folks tend not to be as clean (probably because they can't see very well anymore) as middle-aged tenants and always seem to touch every wall ten thousand times a day with their unwashed hands. Greasy, smoky walls need a lot of preparation before painting - otherwise, you're just painting dirt, grease